Make a Gift
At Cabell Huntington Hospital, every gift makes a positive impact on the care we provide and the lives of the patients we serve. Your gift may be used to sustain important treatment, services, technology, facilities or projects that help the hospital meet the needs of the Tri-State community. Gifts of any size from individuals, families, community groups, businesses, corporations and foundations are welcome and appreciated. You may specify the service or population your donation should benefit, or you may make a general donation to be used at the discretion of the CHH Foundation.
Continue to donation form
Help Cabell Huntington Hospital Help the Community
Cabell Huntington Hospital was created in 1956 to care for the community. By investing in our community hospital, you are investing in the future of our region and the ability of everyone to receive comprehensive quality care, regardless of their ability to pay. Here are some important facts about our mission:
- Nearly one fourth of our 313 licensed beds are dedicated to serving children.
- Cabell Huntington Hospital is a 501(C)(3) not-for-profit hospital; 100% of our earnings are used to provide much-needed services to our community.
- Many of the most critical care services that Cabell Huntington Hospital provides operate at a loss. Through strong leadership and fiscal responsibility, we continue our mission to our community by providing these life-saving services.
- We care for those who are ill or injured, regardless of their ability to pay. In 2008 alone, CHH provided more than $45,000,000 in care to patients who could not pay.
- Medicaid covers twenty-eight percent of our patients and governmental agencies pay well below our standard charge and cost for providing care to our patients: Medicare pays 45¢ for every dollar of care charged, and Medicaid pays 30¢ for every dollar of care charged.
- Cabell Huntington hospital is a teaching hospital, and provides more than $6 million in annual support to Marshall University's Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine and pays to train 60 resident physicians a year.
Make a Gesture of Kindness
- Make a contribution in memory or honor of a loved one
- Show appreciation to a physician, caregiver or unit
- Sustain quality programs and services
- Care for future generations
- Create a legacy
Ways to Give
The staff of the Cabell Huntington Hospital Foundation can suggest a variety of ways to give to the hospital, from a one-time gift of cash to donating assets such as appreciated securities, real estate, life insurance to estate planning for bequests, endowments or other planned gifts. For more information, please call 304-526-6314.
- Last updated: 04/28/2014