Becoming a Volunteer
For more information, please call 304.526.2113
How do I become a volunteer?
After you print out an application and a background check form, here are the steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Completing the Volunteer Application
- Completing the CHH Disclosure and Authorization Form (background check form)
- An Interview with Donna May, Volunteer Services and Guest Relations Manager
- A TB Test and Drug Screening
- Attending a Mandatory Volunteer Orientation
Here are some details to help you complete each step:
1. Volunteer Application
Please review the form first and then complete it entirely.
- Personal Information: Please provide the best way to contact you and include a contact in case of an emergency.
- Work Experience: Please list any previous or current volunteer experience, and let us know if you are currently employed.
- Education: Please briefly list your educational background.
- References: Please provide two personal references that we may contact to learn more about your character and personality. Please provide one medical reference only if you have been referred by your doctor.
- General Information: If you have any restrictions related to your volunteer capabilities and duties, please explain them in this section.
- Interests: Please answer this section honestly and fully. We want to make sure that you enjoy your experience as a volunteer.
- Availability: Please provide us with the days and times that would best fit your schedule. We understand that schedules change, and we will work with anyone interested in volunteering their time.
- Final Step: Please sign and date the application form.
2. CHH Disclosure and Authorization Form (background check form)
Please read the disclosure and all information fully and carefully and provide all information requested.
3. An Interview with Donna May, Volunteer Services and Guest Relations Manager
Please call Donna May, Volunteer Services and Guest Relations Manager at 304.526.2113 to set up an interview appointment. Please bring your completed application and your background check form to your appointment.
4. TB Test and Drug Screening
This can be completed on campus. Donna will explain how during your appointment.
5. Mandatory Volunteer Orientation
A volunteer orientation session takes place each month. You must complete orientation before you begin volunteering. You will receive your volunteer ID badge and shirt, smock or sweater vest at orientation.
Questions? Please call 304.526.2113 or email Donna.May@chhi.org .
- Last updated: 01/28/2015