For more information, please call 304.526.2273
At Cabell Huntington Hospital, we are committed to giving you quality care without regard to race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of payment. You should become an active participant in your healthcare. To do this, it is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities. The staff at Cabell Huntington Hospital wants the best care for you, and for your stay to be as comfortable as possible. If you have concerns about services provided, or if there is any way we can better serve you, please contact the Patient Relations Coordinator at 304.526.2273.
If you or your family have any questions or concerns regarding your rights as a patient, contact the nursing staff responsible for your care. If you would prefer to speak to someone at a supervisory level, dial “0” and the operator will contact the appropriate individual.
Cabell Huntington Hospital supports the rights of each patient and is committed to ensuring the protection of those rights in its provision of care, treatment and services.
- You have the right to information about Hospital rules and regulations, a safe environment and the name and title of anyone providing you with services.
- You have the right to obtain from your physician information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of any procedure or treatment.
- You have the right to receive general information about hospital rules and regulations, the name of anyone providing you with services and his or her relationship to the hospital.
- You have the right to be well informed about illness, possible treatments, likely outcomes and to discuss this information with your doctor.
- You have the right to a living will, or medical power of attorney to express your choices about your future care if you cannot speak for yourself.
- You have the right to privacy. We will respect your privacy as it relates to you and your medical care.
- You have the right to receive information about charges billed to your account.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with information about your health, past illness, hospital stays and medicine.
- It is your responsibility to follow instructions given by your physician and staff and to ask questions when you do not understand.
- It is your responsibility to be considerate of the needs of other patients, and follow guidelines concerning smoking, visitors, noise and conduct.
- It is your responsibility to provide information to the hospital about your ability to pay for services.
For additional information regarding your rights and responsibilities as a patient, please request a copy of the hospital policy on Patient Rights and Responsibilities from your nurse or the Patient Representative at 304.526.CARE (2273).